Monday, January 31, 2011

YOUR QUESTIONS - Lies, Threesomes, and Getting ditched...



Ladies and Gents, ALWAYS practice safe sex! 
So it's the last Sunday in the month and that means it's time, your boy, The Hedonist answers the your emails. In addition, I have a lot on my mind which I will touch on but only briefly as it's enough for a total different installment. I will say that I had to curse me a motherf*^ker out though, and that's out-of-character for me. I know, I know ... but f*ck it, I'm not apologizing. I'm not one to allow a person to keep poke and prodding me, offering sarcastic and sly remarks for comedic value, and trying to manipulate situations. I'm Smitty and Honey's son, and Vera's adopted son ... I was taught my the best. My oldest sister, India, in her day, didn't have a rival in looks, smarts, and game. India was Lisa Bonet with street-smarts who could make a mean plate of chicken wing with Mac-and-Cheese. No bullshit. With that said, I will pray on it and get some good rest tonight. 


Well, as the blog title states, I have a hodge podge of questions hand-picked out of the many emails, IM's, and texts received over the past 30 days. I decided to focus on the fellas this month since my boy, Miles, said "Pat, why is most of the sh*t you writing about lately for them damn chicken heads? You forgot about your dawgs? We ain't getting no love? Next you gonna be writing them gay-ass, love stories like Zane and that Ho with the gay ex-husband!" Whoa! Miles, we went to college together, Home Slice, but I'm not particularly digging how you're using the term "gay", Playa-Pimp, though I get where you're going with the tone of your correspondence. 


The first question is one I want to get out of the way first as I've known this cat since we were riding dirt-bikes and jumping them over ramps. In fact, he was there when we ran our first train in Joe Davis' basement back in the day. *sighing* The antics of horny teenage boys, what a wonderful thing. Good Times! 



KINDA MARRIED MARVIN

Hey Pat,

Long time, Boy. You're doing pretty good with this blog thing. I fuck with it. My wife (ex) and her sister even read it. I would hook you up but I see you've changed since we were in school. I don't see you out with many sista's, dog. Getting to the point, I need your opinion on something. I’m really clueless as to what I should do about the situation I’m in.

I was with Kayla for over one month. We had an OK time, we enjoyed each others' company, and we both said “I love you” to each other. She was my second 
girlfriend, while I’m Kayla’s first boyfriend. We talked about my ex. Kayla was shocked that I was in a seven-plus-year relationship that I ended not too long ago, but she was able to handle this part of my past and we got closer. She told me that at least we were sharing, which helps to build trust.


Still Married (The Train Wreck)

Well, the bad news is that I’m actually married to my ex. I recently told Kayla the truth, and that I would be finalizing my divorce in the next few months. But she’s afraid of the drama and baggage and how being married will affect us in the future. I told that it would not affect me and that I have moved on. I’m confident that I can have a new relationship that is strong and can last. Kayla now says that she cannot accept the fact that I was married before and she minds that I started a relationship with her while I was still married. She feels that she needs time to think and we agreed that it would be better that we remain friends, which kind of sucks. Deep down, I feel that Kayla is gone.

The worst part of all this is that we are work colleagues. Kayla is kind of withdrawn, and I can’t stop feeling and looking sad. She does not initiate any conversation with me. She’ll smile and respond if I talk to her, but it is not spontaneous or enjoyable. It seems that she does not want to be reminded of me, and has stopped using the phone I gave her, too.

I’m at a loss as to what I should do now. I really want Kayla back. Pat, what the hell is the deal?
The Hedonist's Response:

Marv Baby The Most Shady,

First off, let me get this straight. After only 30 damn days you’re actually saying, “I love you” to this broad? Negro, you’re not supposed to ever tell a woman “I love you.”, let alone a MARRIED MAN, what the hell is wrong with you? *smdh* It’s the antithesis of
the hunt
. And by the way, from what you’re telling me, it’s no surprise whatsoever that neither of you have dated much.

Why the hell should Kayla be shocked that you were in a seven-day, seven-month or seven-year relationship? What’s the big deal? Your soon-to-be ex-wife is already gone, right? The point is this: All of Kayla’s professed shock that you’re married is just an excuse for her not digging you that much. And she was going to convey that sentiment in one way or another at some point. When she said “at least we’re sharing,” it sounds like Kayla was thinking that she wasn’t all that excited about being with you and that she was thinking of something else that could be better -- like another man and another relationship.

Can Marv get this sweet thang back?...


She's really not that into you, Champ.
All of Kayla’s concerns about you being married is really just the second reason she wants to put distance between the two of you. Like I said, she not that into you, so she has to concoct some phony rationale for why you can’t be together. If you thought she was going to give you the booty you're really not that dude from Joe Davis' basement. Even if what you’re saying is true -- that you have no baggage from your marriage and that you’re ready to move on -- she’s not going to believe you because her interest in you is so weak. To you Psych majors: When a woman has low interest in you, it’s going to have a ripple effect. In other words, it’s going to affect everything that happens between the two of you.
That said, Kayla’s absolutely right that it was wrong you started a relationship with her while you were still married, and kept her in the dark about it. You should have told her that you’d filed the divorce papers and everything would be wrapped up in 60 days. Like my Sissy says: “The reality is that you shouldn’t date while you’re still married.” You have to wait until the legal proceedings are completely finished before you start seriously seeing a woman. But of course, like most men, you’re rushing everything because you don’t know how to be on your own for more than three seconds. Just saying... :-/

Poof!!! Off to The Friend Zone... the DREADED Friend Zone

Sadly, Marv, you’re on the money -- Kayla is gone. And when you’ve been dumped, women always hand you that stuff about being “friends,” which means absolutely nothing. “Let’s just be friends” is actually chick-talk for, “I’m never going to talk to you again for the rest of my life, let alone allow you to experience this cowgirl!”  **In my Homer Simpson voice**  "Ummm, Cowgirl."

Since you and Kayla are work colleagues, now you’ll get to face her every single day. Well done, Marv. That should be loads of fun. And why are you moping around, Playa? Put on a happy face and start hustling other women, but just make sure you get your divorce papers FIRST, of course. *smdh*

Once A Liar…

Your interactions with old girl from now on are not going to be enjoyable because you withheld information from her -- in a sense, you lied to her by omission -- when you went out with her. No wonder she’s distant and feels let down. I don’t blame her. My main man, The Great Gazoo, says: “Let’s face it, man -- you’re a liar and a sneak.” Women really hate liars and sneaks, Marv.

I would be amiss if I didn't touch on THIS: You gave a woman a phone after going out with her for a 
month? What the hell are you doing, keeping tabs on her already? Really, Marv, how dumb was that? I think we may have to have a sit-down on this one.

Playboy, you have absolutely zero hope with this broad. You screwed this up from the very beginning, you made a lot of mistakes and you don’t have any recourse whatsoever.
 When you do boneheaded shit like this, you get to face a girl that you like AT WORK for the rest of your life until one of you quits or she meets me downtown. ;O)  ...I'm only half-kidding, Marv. Just like Charlene in Joe's Basement that Monday ... she's fair game. I still love you though, Old Friend, just get a divorce and have a happy, productive life.

Remember, guys: Women don’t like dating married men unless they're skanks.




The Novice

Just_Kristien,

I’m a fairly new reader, I've only read 
once or twice but my sister swears by you now.

At my new job, Kennedy immediately caught my eye. One day I asked her out for a drink. She said yes, but then I had a schedule conflict and couldn’t do it. She invited me to reschedule, but I never got around to it.
 
In the meantime, another woman I work with, Heidi, invited me to hang out with her and a bunch of her girls at a bar on karaoke night. I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to reconnect with Kennedy since she and Heidi are friends. I know your position on group dates, so I decided that I would do it a little differently.

Left Alone At The Bar

I texted Kennedy, telling her the group plans, and asked her if she’d like to come along. She said yes, and I told her that I would get a separate table, away from Heidi’s group, so that we could talk to each other with fewer distractions. She was perfectly fine with that idea.

That night, I arrived at the bar and texted Kennedy to let her know I was there. No response. After waiting 30 minutes, I was joined by a buddy and proceeded with the night as if nothing had changed.

My friend pointed out that I’d been stood up by Kennedy and suggested I text her. I said no based mostly (if not entirely) on what I’ve gleaned so far from what I take from your mindset. I treated it like a one-pitch tourney. They only get one pitch to look at and I throw
nothing but strikes
. Their only option is to either hit the ball or be called out. In Kennedy's case, I grooved her a hanging curveball right over the middle of the plate, but she couldn’t hit it. In my mind, she struck out.

Reasons Or Excuses?

A couple hours later, after my friend and I hopped to another bar, I got a text from Kennedy. She said that she had fallen asleep watching a movie and was very sorry. I didn’t buy her excuse. Also, missing from her apology was any hint of a counteroffer. My response was to say “No problem,” to show that I was completely unfazed.  

I expect that at some point Kennedy will shoot me a “fishing text” to see how I feel. When and if this happens, how should I deal with it? Second, what if she asks me out later, or what if she approaches me with a delayed counteroffer? How should I handle that? I understand that things happen and my previous assumptions could be wrong, but if the tables turn and I’m the one in the batter’s box, I don’t want to get hit by the pitch either.
 
Bryant 

The Hedonist's Response

Hi Bryant,

First of all, let me explain something to you: 1) I HATE baseball.  2) You are not as smooth as you think. Bryant, you sent me a picture of yourself ... I'm a DUDE, dude!!! *smdh*  3) I HATE baseball.


Now let’s take a look at your schedule conflict. Right off the bat you screwed up, Bryant.
You asked a girl out when you had something else to do. So you blew your chance with her. Then you never got around to rescheduling. How could you be so sloppy, paisan?  Think about it: A girl asks you to reschedule and you don’t do it. What’s wrong with you, playa? Don’t you understand that you have to be assertive? You have to jump on leads. You have to 
close. But you’re not a leader and you’re doing everything wrong. *sighing* 


The Hedonist explains what else could have prevented this situation next...


As if messing up that first date wasn’t bad enough, then you went and muddied the waters by getting Heidi involved. Why? Heidi shouldn’t have been anywhere near this situation. These are two separate deals, Bryant. You don’t have two relationships going with these women, so why did you insist on such a foolhardy arrangement?

A Group Date By Any Other Name...

You shouldn’t have asked Kennedy to meet you at a bar with a gang of people you work with. You should have gone out with her alone. That’s what you’re supposed to do when you ask a girl out. You’re mixing oil and water here, playboy. You might think that you’re going to talk to the girl with fewer distractions, but you’re still in the same room as all these other people you know who could cause you any number of problems. It’s a messy setup and can lead to nothing good.

Why did you 
text Kennedy when you got to the bar? Were you checking in with her? Kennedy's a big girl. She knew she was supposed to be at the bar. She wasn’t there because she didn't want to be there. No reason for a text message.

You might think you were running a one-pitch tourney (whatever THAT means) with Kennedy, but the truth of the matter is that you struck out with her long before karaoke night. And by the way, you never to use the phrase “no problem,” because there are two negatives in it. Another mistake. It’s clear you have a long way to go...

Dead In The Water

You don’t have to worry about Kennedy shooting you a fishing text. She’ll never contact you again as long as you’re on the face of the planet. Think about it: You can’t even pull off a first date with her, so why should she call you? She already knows all she needs to know about you. But if she does call you, don’t deal with her at all. Erase her message. But do you actually think this girl is going to hit you up two years later with a delayed counteroffer after she doesn’t show up for a date? Keep dreaming.

You screwed this thing up when you failed to come through with that first date, dude. Then you went for an ill-advised group date
. So what did you do? You bent the rule and tried to modify it. No wonder you flopped. #majorfail

I wouldn't worry about old girl, Bryant. You live in Bmore, and I know that there plenty of chicks up there. They may not be the best-looking chicks on the East-Coast, or even the Mid-East Region, but they're chicks all the same. Come 35mins. down the BW Parkway and I'll show you how WE DO IT down here in D.C. 




Every Guys Fantasy 

Yo Pat,

What do ya think about threesomes? My girl used to go both ways back in the day and she wants to give me a special birthday gift next month. She said her ex-girlfriend is down and I always wanted some Chinese Ass. 

Derek

The Hedonist's Response:


*laughing very loudly* So, Dee, I suppose you want the comedic answer judging by the tone of your correspondence. *sighing* Let me start by saying if you were a SINGLE, strapping, unattached cat, my answer would be very different (AND I would let you borrow my video camera, Killa...no bullshit). But I know you and your girl so I would have to give that idea THREE thumbs down and here's the reason:  Threesomes simply don't work if you are in a committed relationship. Period. I have seen too many couples break up over them. The emotional scars and hurt feelings, ranging from being the one "left out," to having one's spouse be more interested in the new partner and falling in love with the other person, are difficult to get past. I would be very interested in hearing about any threesomes that have resulted in long-term happiness, peace of mind, or complete satisfaction for all three partners.
I have only seen the tragically awkward and complicated sides of the threesome story. For both men and women, it is easy to develop feelings for someone you have been physically intimate with, since falling in love and having sex often go together. If either of you falls in love with the third partner, it becomes confusing outside of the bedroom. The woman can feel romantic outside the bedroom toward the other woman too, leaving the man out in the cold. Of course, the reverse could be true as well. The man can fall for the other man and abandon his original love interest.
Jealousy, also comes into the picture. The girl with smaller breasts may compare herself to the other woman and think that is why she is getting less attention, feeling ugly and worthless (Me, I love small and large breast all the same! ;O) Ladies, get at me!!!!!  ;-P). One chick told me, "I did a threesome with another woman. My boyfriend and her were paying so much attention to each other, I began to feel neglected. I wondered if it was because I wasn't pretty enough, thin enough, or that my hair was the wrong color. Was he just bored with me? We broke up and I had to watch them become the new couple. I'm still not over it."
Therefore it is important to pay equal attention to both partners, or more to your spouse/significant other, but definitely not the other way around. Is that what you want? To keep tally of how much equal attention is being distributed in the heat of the moment?
Unless you can separate sex from love, I say stay away from threesomes.  If one of the partners has an STD or gets pregnant, further complications arise. Sex and love are among the greatest joys in life ... TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. But if we take these matters trivially, lightly, without understanding the consequences, there is nothing but trouble ahead. 

I'm only being real with you, Old Friend. You know I like good snatch and head as much as the next man. And you mentioned something about an ASIAN DIME-PIECE? Wow. Believe me, main man, I was torn on this one but right is right, and my job isn't to tell you some shit that'll complicate your life. Tell your sweetie if she wants to give you something special for your birthday; tell her to get you an iPad, an Autographed Gibson Acoustic Guitar, March Madness Tickets, or something along those lines. Kinky is good but should be shared amongst a dynamic duo not a treacherous trio. I hope this helps, Playboy. 

Damn, here it is another month almost shot, friends; Let the countdown to, 2012, the end of human civilization begin. I sometimes wonder how many of you out there are keeping up on the Doomsday Theory. I can't say I'm taking steps in the direction of cleansing my soul and securing a spot at the J. Christ Plaza and Resort in Heaven, folks. But what I can say is that the Mayans were a civilization of mathematicians, astronomers, and scholars far head of their time and their prediction does warrant some investigation -- even if it's just something to do in your spare time.  

Okay, that's all I have until Wednesday, friends. I will update you on several things I have been kicking around concerning dating from afar, a late-night visitor and coffee, how small of a world it is, who I had to curse out and exactly why, and my favorite girl (you ALL know who she is ... I speak of her often). God Bless, Stay Groovy and Be Peace!  <3  ;-P

Your Old Pal,

The Hedonist
www.twitter.com/just_kristien